- Go to a gym and not get any direction or coaching?
- Attempt weight training without having a plan?
- Wish you could afford the services of a personal trainer or, have you worked with a trainer who you felt wasn’t capable of recognizing your needs?
- Feel like you spend too many hours per week in the pursuit of fitness and are still unhappy with the results?
- Have trouble finding enough hours in the week to get fit?
- Get confused reading, watching and listening to conflicting ideas and philosophies on fitness?
[youtube width=”480″ height=”385″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Fc4t1OBNI[/youtube]
My name is Sal Marinello. I have been writing about health and fitness in over 300 articles on this site, for over three years. I have been a personal trainer and strength coach for over 20 years and during this time, I have conducted almost 35,000 private personal training sessions and have spent thousands of additional hours running my speed and conditioning clinics, serving as a college athletic development coach, a high school strength and football coach, giving presentations on health and fitness issues and working with youth sports programs. As far as credentials go, I am a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) as designated by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and a USA Weightlifting Certified Coach. I also am a member of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
Over the past three years, I have received a number of e-mails from readers of HealthAndFitnessAdvice.com, asking for help on topics ranging from training philosophy and programs to nutrition and supplementation. While I do my best to answer these questions, I want to offer a more complete way of actually teaching my readers get and stay fit in an effective and efficient manner. The result is my new Online Fitness Coaching Program that will provide people with the same benefits and education that my private personal training clients get.
Here is how it works:
- You will receive a one-page questionnaire. I need you to answer the questions as honestly and accurately as possible so that I can properly prepare for our first 30-minute meeting (all meetings are held via phone or video chat if you prefer). During your initial consultation we will begin to determine your current fitness and motivation levels, and uncover your attitudes about making changes to your lifestyle. With this information I will begin the process of setting the appropriate goals for your program.
- Your input will help me to design an appropriate training program. I will provide clear objectives and supporting material so you will know how to properly perform exercises no matter where you workout. I will monitor your progress and adjust your program during four, 15-minute phone calls – one per week – and will offer feedback, guidance and further instruction that will allow you to get the most out of your program. These phone calls will be in-depth learning experiences. In between phone calls you can send me e-mails to get answers to any pressing matters or for clarification on any points of your program. Just like I do with my in-person clients, I am here to answer your fitness related questions. This will be an incredibly organic experience that will take shape in response to your individual needs, and will not follow some predetermined script.
You will learn things like:
- There are no fitness secrets or short cuts
- Low-intensity cardiovascular exercise is an extremely poor use of your time
- Abdominal crunches are a waste of time
- Sitting down is for watching television, not for exercising, and
- Machines are a worth more as scrap metal than for using to exercise – and that’s just for starters!
The Online Fitness Coaching Program includes:
- An initial, 30-minute consultation to determine your attitudes towards health and fitness and your motivational and fitness levels, and work with you to set appropriate fitness goals
- Four, 15-minute calls each month to monitor progress and adjust your program
- My private e-mail address, for asking questions between weekly calls
- A copy of my book, Health Over Hype: Seven Fitness Principles to Live By
The investment for the Online Fitness Coaching Program is only $195 per month. You may cancel at any time. Considering some of my clients pay upwards of $1000/month to work with me, this is a great deal!
While many online products scream things like ‘limited time’, ‘buy now’, ‘this offer goes away in 24 hours’, the fact is, I do only have so many hours in my day and therefore, can only handle a small number of additional clients. As an added encouragement to work with me through my Online Fitness Coaching Program, I will throw in a copy of my book How To Make More Money as a Personal Trainer (I train personal trainers, too!). While you may not be interested in the business aspects covered in the book, the training sections are invaluable. The price of the book on my personal trainer website is $97.00!
I want to test out the new program, and I know I have a few spots that I’m willing to fill. If you’re interested in working with me, send me your name and email address in the box below and I’ll send you a short questionnaire to fill out to see if my program is a good fit for you, as well as answer any questions you might have. To be clear, I’m just trying to gauge interest at this point and there is no obligation to purchase anything by filling out the questionnaire.